Friday, April 21, 2006

June 26th is my lucky day!

Anyone who attended my beautiful wedding on June 26, 2004 knows that this was the luckiest day of my life. The sun was shining... the birds were chirping... everything was perfect. Now, nearly two years later, let's all hope that June 26th is going to remain a VERY lucky day for me.

On June 26, 2006, I will face my final dissertation defense!!! Now, I won't officially graduate until Summer of next year, but hopefully I will have completed my doctoral dissertation by June 26th 2006 at 12:00 noon. Please keep your fingers crossed that June 26th works out for me again. Thank you all for your support!!!!

4 comments:

Jill McCartney Wagoner said...

I'm soooo proud of you! You've worked so ahrd for this!

Love you.

Jill

Wakemom said...

Hi Sweetheart,

I think I'll just thank God for the amazing abilities He has blessed you with. You are awesome and I am so very proud of you. I know you will do a fantastic job on June 26th and it will continue to be your "lucky day". I'll remember your special day in my prayers each night until then.

I love you more each day.

Mom

jasonchalk said...

Wow. I'm finding out new information on my own blog :-).

Glad to hear that you finally got all your committee members in line! The date couldn't be better... it also allows you plenty of time to get your dissertation completed and polished! I know this will mean less stress for you, so I'm definitely glad for that.

It'll be sooo nice being able to relax on vacation in July knowing that both of us will truly be able to take some time off!!!

Mom and Dad Chalk said...

We agree that June 26 was a lucky day. This June 26 there will be two occasions to celebrate. I know it took a lot of planning, hard work, and perseverance to get to this point. It will be nice to be able to start your internship with your dissertation finished. Just imagine that the panel is made up of all Jasons and you will be fine.

Love,
Mom and Dad Chalk