Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Super Chalktendo has a home on the web...

I finally finished the last step of the Super Chalktendo project... a home for it on the web. Most people who create these projects put together a website documenting their progress. This allows people "in the community" to learn what works and what doesn't as they attempt their own projects.

I think it is a pretty interesting read, as it goes throw the process of turning one of my dreams into a reality :-). I also wrote it... and built the Super Chalktendo... so I am incredibly partial.

Without further ado, the project webpage:
http://superchalktendo.googlepages.com/

And finally, an interesting aside. I made this website with Googlepages... basically if you have a Gmail address, you can log into Googlepages.com and create a website with pictures and links for *FREE*. It hosts up to 100 Megabytes of pictures and was EXCEPTIONALLY easy to use.

See http://www.googlepages.com for more information. My only word of advice is that if you use post the page somewhere (like I did), create a separate GMail account for the webpage. This is because your GMail account becomes a part of the page name. I created SuperChalktendo@gmail.com so that I could have "superchalktendo.googlepages.com".

If you want a GMail account, just let me know and I'll send you an invite with instructions to get started. It's without a doubt the best EMail interface on the web... better than hotmail, yahoo, or anything else! It's free, but it's by invitation only, so I can give you an invite.

No comments: