Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Homeowners -> Squatters -> Homeless...

It all happened so quickly that I didn't even stop to take pictures. Fortunately my Mom did (those pictures we'll be posted soon).

Holly and I are now officially homeless. For the next 4 weeks and 1 day, anyways.

We'll be posting pictures soon, but wanted to thank everyone who worked so hard yesterday to help us move out... Mom, Dad, Jenn, Matt, and Buttons. It took a lot of work, and Holly and I are so very thankful that we were able to count on you all to help out on what I think was the hottest day so far this year!

Also, out of respect to the new homeowners, I've taken down http://www.269Rainswept.com. However, I couldn't bring myself to delete the webpage entirely. We'll keep up http://gallowayohiohome.googlepages.com/home probably forever, as we have tons of wonderful memories of our time on Rainswept, and we hope that everyone reading this blog were able to enjoy the house when you were able to visit us as much as we did.

The one thing that you learn going through a move is that it isn't about the house, and it isn't about the stuff in the house. It's the people in the house that make a house a home, so we hope all of you will visit early and visit often when we do finally become homeowners in Maryland so that you can help us make new memories there!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi,

I'm so glad the two of you know how lucky you are to have the Chalks who are always there when you need them. We can't wait to see your new home. Give us a date and we'll be there.

Love ya, Mom and Richard