Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cabinet Project Complete!

Finally, after several weekends of work and phone calls to Dad (the visionary of the project), our garage now has cabinets to store all of our stuff. We are starting to get storage back, and these shelves allowed us to officially empty the very last of our moving boxes before the end of the new year.

Dad was able to scribble out the design for these shelves on a sheet of paper, and every measurement was dead-on... I cut (wishing my measurements were dead-on), and put everything together. In the end they look pretty good, even if I do say so myself. I have the doors cut and ready to go, but that will come when we have a little bit more time.

Holly is freezing, but is now happy that both cars fit into the garage again!



All done! The flecks in the picture that you see is all the sawdust swirling around the garage that reflected the flash off the camera. It was dusty, but we survived.

5 comments:

Mom and Dad Chalk said...

The cabinets look great! Now you can start filling them. You're turning into quite the carpenter. If you keep this up you will be able to build the shop by yourself!

jasonchalk said...

Let's not go crazy!!! Maybe I'll be a little bit more help though!

I'll be bringing home plot plans and such for the shop... one project down... next one is a LITTLE bit bigger!!!

Mom and Dad Chalk said...

Looks great Jas! DAD

Michael said...

Wow! That cabinet is bigger than my whole house. You could easily sleep a family of four in that thing.

Uncle Mike

jasonchalk said...

I know that Kelsey could probably fit in the cabinets. So, if Kelsey wants to have bunk beds, I could make her a few more shelves!